Friday 18 September 2015

Chain Lightening by Elizabeth Lowell


I love Elizabeth Lowell!! This was great fun to read, especially as it was a tribute to The Great Barrier Reef and Australians of the 80s. In my head, I had images of the male supporting characters wondering around in terry towelling hats, short "stubbies" shorts and thongs (just like my dad and grandads did in those days). Everyone except the two leads talked like Crocodile Dundee tragics. Despite these colloquial clichés (maybe they weren't exactly clichés when she wrote the book), it was a good plot and an easy read (I managed it in about 6 hours at the beach house). I love that her publishers are re-releasing her oldest books for newer readers.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.