Saturday 19 September 2015

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

As I was reading the book I was thinking it would be a 3 star review but the ending kicked it up a notch. I found some of the prose confusing and actually skipped over a paragraph here and there because they didn’t change what was going to happen in the story, they were just Montag’s (the main character) odd, slightly hallucinatory thoughts and feelings. The second half of the book saved it for me. It got quite exciting when he was discovered and I found myself wanting to know what would happen next instead of reading it simply because I felt I had to finish it. At the end I was a little disappointed that it was the end because I wanted to know what happened once they reached the destroyed city and whether the outlaw scholars were able to change the public’s view of books and bring them back to the mainstream and make them legal again. I felt like Bradbury could (or should) have written a sequel.
 
Finished on 2 March 2009
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.